This is the current revised 2011 version of the MSP course.
• Highly-professional APMG-certified materials
We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching and our student results. MetaPM stands out from the crowd with:
• Seasoned MSP® Expert-level instructors
• In-depth real-world class exercises
• Executive-grade teaching environment
• Fully catered courses
• Official globally recognized APMG Exams and Certificates
• Official MSP OGC Book included
All of which helps you to pass the MSP Foundation exam and take away a solid working appreciation of how to apply MSP in your organisation.
Download PDF Brochure | Course Dates, Registration and Prices below.
Senior Project and Programme Managers, Portfolio and Programme Management Office Managers, Business Change Managers and managers from other disciplines wishing to develop an understanding of programme management and sit the MSP foundation exam.
Ideally, delegates should have worked in a programme environment and have experience and a good knowledge of project management. MSP does not specify any preference for specific project management qualifications (eg PRINCE2® or PMBoK) however experience working in a structured project environment would be an advantage.
This course is available on our scheduled public courses and as an in-house course.
This course covers the effective management of a programme using the MSP programme management methodology.
The course is designed to:
- Explain the purpose, scope and value of the MSP methodology
- Introduce and explain the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow
- Provide the knowledge to enable the participant to apply MSP to a programme
- Prepare the participant to undertake the MSP Foundation and Practitioner examinations
The course covers the following:
- Overview of Programme Management
- MSP Principles
- Organisation Theme
- Vision Theme
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement Theme
- Benefits Realisation Management Theme
- Blueprint Design and Delivery Theme
- Planning and Control Theme
- Business Case Theme
- Risks and Issue Management Theme
- Quality Management Theme
- Transformational Flow
- Complete the Foundation Exam
In summary, this course seeks to answer the following questions:
- What is a programme?
- How to effectively manage a programme?
- What are the benefits of structured programme management?
Format & Presentation:
This course is delivered over three days and is a blend of instruction through lectures and audio-visual presentations and extensive case study work on real programmes by syndicates of participants. It follows the principles of accelerated learning. Participants receive comprehensive course manuals. Evening work and study is required in order to be adequately prepared for the Foundation exam.
- Successful Foundation exam candidates receive a Registered Foundation certificate from the UK Office of Government Commerce via the APM Group Ltd and are listed on the APM Group website as MSP Accredited.
- With sufficient practice and review the participants should be able to apply MSP to their own programmes or to their own programme management environment.
- Participants will also receive sufficient knowledge to undertake the MSP Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
- The organisation will benefit from the enhanced competence of Senior Project Managers/ Programme Managers who will be able to deliver programmes more successfully; ensuring project outputs align to the realisation of benefits and achievement of strategic objectives.
- MSP Manual – Managing Successful Programs MetaPM MSP® Foundation Course manual
- MSP Foundation exam fees
- Catering – morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- 12 months free membership to the pm4success website with multiple MSP support articles and tools (after passing the Foundation exam)
This course is derived from the MSP curriculum specified by the APM Group Ltd and administered by APMG-Australasia. It is based upon the OGC publication "Managing Successful Programmes".
$1790 inc GST RRP. Visit our Promotions Page for further details.
If you would like further information please email us now or call 1800 800 436
MSP®, P3O®, ITIL® and P3M3®are Registered Trade Marks of the Cabinet Office. The
Swirl logo™, MoV™ and MoP™ are Trade Marks of the Cabinet Office.